We guarantee results.
We offer ongoing support to our Rapid Learning Cycles Certified® Professionals to make sure that you never slow down or get stuck as you use the Rapid Learning Cycles framework for the first time. Your first option should always be to set up a time to talk with us.
If you run into any difficulties using the ideas we've taught in the workshops or our online classes, reach out to us sooner rather than later. Chances are, we've seen your challenge before, and we can help you overcome it.
We reserve the right to make recommendations for additional learning experiences for topics that are outside the scope of a given class.
Prerequisites, Team Registrations and Certification Requirements for Global Project Leader Workshops:
- This workshop is open to senior product developers who have experience leading development teams.
- Product development consultants and other service providers may participate by personal invitation only. If you are in this category and sign up without permission, we will refund your registration fee less a $200 handling charge. Instead, send us an email to express your interest, and we'll conduct an interview to decide whether or not we can admit you.
- Class sizes are limited to 24 participants. We may opt to limit a company's group size for a specific workshop — typically we like to see no more than eight from one company in a workshop. If your group is larger than that, we can split them across two or more workshops.
- About four weeks before the workshop, each participant will receive a copy of The Shortest Distance Between You and Your New Product: How Innovators Use Rapid Learning Cycles to Get Their Best Ideas to Market Faster. You must read the book prior to Day One of the workshop, so that we can dive into the deep end of the material immediately.
- Participants will need to sign the appropriate Rapid Learning Cycles Certified® Global Project Leader License Agreement. This agreement is sent out for review prior to the workshop and signed during the workshop. It is an individual agreement between Rapid Learning Cycles Institute, Inc. and the individual who attends the workshop.
- Participants will need to pass an exam, and sign the appropriate Rapid Learning Cycle Institute's Certified® Global Project Leader Agreement prior to receiving access to the Global Project Leader Kit.
- Successful completion of the certification requirements grants permission to use licensed materials to lead Rapid Learning Cycles events personally. It does not grant permission for the participants to modify the materials, conduct internal Rapid Learning Cycles Workshops to train additional program managers, create derivative works such as internal training slides, or serve as a paid facilitator or program manager for external clients. Such use requires additional certification steps and organization-level license agreements that grant our explicit permission for such uses.
- The workshop covers how to establish and run the Rapid Learning Cycles framework for a moderately-sized team, typically fewer than 25 core team members with a simple team structure. Even if you typically run programs that are much larger than that, it's easier to master the framework if you start small the first time.
- Larger teams require program management techniques and framework adaptations that we don't teach in this workshop. We provide the knowledge, practices, techniques and tools for large teams through the Rapid Learning Cycles Advanced Certification experience. This workshop is a prerequisite for that experience, and we will help you find a good place to start, as part of the action planning section of the workshop, so that you can build up the experience you need for the Advanced Certification program.
- Participants agree that as participants in public workshops, we may share names and company affiliations including their company logo, to facilitate community-building and promote the workshop to others; however, we will not share email addresses or other contact information without explicit permission.
- If you or your developers primarily develop software, contact us prior to registering. There may be better options for you.
Terms and Conditions for All Courses:
- All prices are in US Dollars; for workshops in UK or the European Union, you will receive a VAT-compliant invoice.
- All registrations must be paid at the time that you register. Invoiced but unpaid registrations are not confirmed until payment has been received. Materials will not be released to online course participants with unpaid registration fees.
- If you registered without names, we need your final list of names of attendees and their email addresses at least 14 days prior to any live session unless you have made arrangements with us for expedited service.
- We reserve the right to cancel any participant's registration for any reason. If we exercise this option, we will give you a refund of 100% of your registration fee.
- Online Classes may not be cancelled or refunded once the participant has been granted access to course content, unless we determine that there is a technical issue preventing you from accessing this content, and we cannot resolve the problem within two weeks.
- For Private Workshops:
- Private workshops are subject to mutually-agreeable dates with a minimum of four weeks lead time unless you have made other arrangements with us.
- You may reschedule dates until course materials have been released to the participants.
- For In Person Events:
- If you cancel up to five business days after registering but not less than thirty days prior to the start of the workshop, we will refund 100% of your registration fee.
- You may send a qualified substitute in your place, as long as you let us know at least 24 hours in advance of Day One and the substitute will be able to complete the pre-reading assignment.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel for any reason within our control, we will offer participants the opportunity to join a different class or receive a refund.
- In the event that we need to cancel or delay a workshop for reasons outside our control, we will reschedule the workshop for the same location at a later time and offer participants credits to be used against this workshop or another future workshop. Such events may include but are not limited to acts of civil or military authority, national emergencies, work stoppages, travel advisories or restrictions, insurrection, war, riot, or venues that have been damaged by fire, flood, major systems failures or other Acts of God. In all cases our liability shall be limited to the amount paid as a registration fee.