Update on Results from Virtual Kickoff Event Experiments:
After leading some live Virtual Kickoff Events using the tool we demoed on the video, we’ve gained some key insights:
- The demo on the video does not contain sufficient detail for a team to have a good experience – this wasn’t intentional; it’s just that a lot has to happen behind the scenes via the facilitator to support the team.
- A successful event will require a facilitator specifically trained to deliver these – the final procedure has over 40 process steps, many unique to the Virtual Kickoff Event process. We have to do a lot behind the scenes to create a seamless experience for the participants.
- We will begin to deliver, and train our Affiliates to deliver, these events as a paid service starting this month, and continue to streamline and improve the process.
- Once the process has stabilized, we will evaluate whether to offer a supplemental training so that a company can build its own facilitation team. That would probably take place this summer.
- On the positive side, with a facilitator managing the process and the tool, the team’s Program Manager is free to support the team in developing better initial Key Decisions, Knowledge Gaps and the Learning Cycles Plan, and the process also leads to a better coaching experience from the facilitator to the team.
- Importing the plan from CardSmith into another tool has proven to work well.
This webinar shared what we’ve learned about how to run effective Rapid Learning Cycles events remotely.
My affiliates and I have been testing the process and potential tools for running virtual Kickoff Events, and we’ve learned some things that may surprise you.
In this webinar, I shared the results from those experiments, some best practices we’ve uncovered, and demoed a path forward for Kickoff Events.
All Community Members have access to the PDF of the webinar slides. Rapid Learning Cycles Certified® Professional Members, Pending Professional Members and those on the Waiting List for a workshop have access to the video playback.
PDF of Webinar Slides
Please log in or create a new membership to view this content.